2.04.2007

mater et magistra

today, i got turned-off by one of my respected priests..

we have this parish priest kasi na i idolize for his sermons, i think he's so organized, intelligent and all because he sees to it na he has this powerpoint presentation every sunday. so siya yung kinuha ko for that interview na mingu asked me to. knowing na he's good with lectures and all..

so after the mass i approached him in my very pasweet way. he smiled and said what was the interview all about, i said i would like to hear a comment on "mater et magistra" and the next things i heard were:
YOU'RE RIDICULOUS!
THIS IS CRAZY!
BWAHAHAHAHA!
I'm not ignorant!
You don't expect me to memorize the thousands of readings diba?
Kaw ba pagtinanong mo Lit prof mo about this certain book
mabibigyan ka ba niya ng overview? hindi diba?
I teach these lessons pero,
try GOOGLE!
YOU'RE RIDICULOUS!
THIS IS CRAZY!
BWAHAHAHAHA!
and so.. i did my plastic smile and my empathy statements "Yes, father i understand *hahaha*" but at the back of my mind, I COULDN'T AGREE. you teach this stuff, maybe you could at least have 2-3 sentences to give away, diba? with all due respect, i couldn't agree at all. if you would ask me literary stuff, maybe ask me to tell you the core of Steinbeck's classic "The Pearl", i could give you a paragraph of what was it all about! if you would come up to Sir Ferdie Lopez and ask him what Dead Stars is all about he could give you an hour and a half lecture about it, standing, with no book in hand. i know.

maybe i was judging you too much. siguro nga naman it's difficult. but, i got turned off just the same..

*sigh*

and to think na your homily was about humility, you could have said na you forgot, or you'd try to recall and make me come back, or something.. you said you know it, eh. and that you teach it, you burst my bubble..

No comments: